Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Second Pair of Denim Earrings


I have had time to play with more denim, taking it from a worn out pair of jeans. I made a second pair of earrings that I like a lot better than the first pair. They are half the size and contain just a little beading. I took a class here in France a couple weeks ago on beginning jewelry making. I found it very useful in making the connection between the earring wire and the denim piece.

I was given the bottom beads as a gift by someone who came to visit me last year. It has taken me a while to find the right project for them. I have some others I was given as well that I need to find a use. It  will come in time. In the meantime I like what I see here.

I gotta say, what I like best about these earrings are they are lightweight, very durable and best of all they were very easy to make.

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely earrings, very unique, and I like the fact that you said they were quick to make. Where in France are you, I have tried to find beading shops and courses to go on here in South West France, but so far I have failed!!! As a treat in October I am off to a craft fair in Toulouse which I am really looking forward too

    ReplyDelete
  2. These earrings are really cute! Wonderful job! If I may ask, what did you do to make them not wilt? Are the hearts doubled (glued together) or ironed with fusible interfacing? Please respond. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are double sided. The blue jean fabric is a thicker one (a pair of my husbands old jeans). They are stitched around the outside edge. If you use a thin jean fabric I would suggest placing some sort of stabilizer between the two layers of jean fabric. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. That definitely helps! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size is the heart.
    B.t.w. love them

    ReplyDelete